Last week we looked at the value of employee happiness and the link it has with productivity. We listed some ways you can support your team to be mindful at work, which has been shown to improve employee stress levels and happiness at work. Below are some more great ways you can help your team to improve their mindful presence at work.
- Make stress your friend – your belief about whether stress is bad or good for you has a direct impact on how you feel at work.
- Feel gratitude – practicing feeling grateful has been shown to have a positive impact on how we feel and react.
- Cultivate humility – humble people have a quiet confidence about themselves as and don’t feel the need to remind others about their achievements. This is turn is attractive to others. Personal humility has been found to be an important trait in hugely successful leaders.
- Accept what you can’t change – acceptance is the very heart of mindfulness. TO be mindful means to accept the present moment as it is.
- Adopt a growth mindset – there are two main mindsets, growth and fixed. People with a growth mindset believe they can improve their talents with effort. These are the best leaders and employees.
You can find out more about mindfulness here:
or on twitter, facebook and Instagram @happycoachemma